Dental Implant After Care
While our first priority is to save your teeth, sometimes dental implants are necessary. This oral surgery procedure requires the fusion of bone and dental prosthesis. At Greater Endodontics, we use cutting edge technology and modern dental techniques for quick, successful, and pain free dental implant oral surgeries. If you need a dental implant specialist in Utah, you can count on our expertise. Dental implants, when properly cared for, can last up to 15 years.
Endodontic Treatments Utah Dental Implant Specialist
After your dental implant procedure, the following aftercare instructions are recommended:
- To reduce chance of infection and speed up healing time, it is important to keep your mouth and new implant as clean as possible. You can brush your mouth as normal, but you may want to avoid the new implant in the first few days due to soreness. As soreness improves, continue to brush the implant as normal.
- Swish warm, salted water gently in the mouth during the first week of recovery.
- If prescribed antibiotics and/or painkillers, take them as recommended by your dentist. Pain, swelling, and tenderness should begin to subside within the second or third day after the procedure.
- Try to keep food particles away from the new implant as much as possible - for the first 48 hours, chew on the other side of your mouth. After eating, make sure to rinse your mouth gently with cool water.
- Avoid too hot or too cold beverages within the first week of recovery.
- Do not smoke within the first week of recovery as this greatly reduces healing. Avoid strenuous activity (such as running or going to the gym) within the first week of healing as well.
With proper care, your implant should heal within a couple of weeks. Your Utah dental implant specialist will provide you with any additional aftercare instructions. Contact Greater Endodontics today to make an appointment with you trusted Endodontist in Utah.